Phishing attacks are intended to steal consumers’ personal identity data and financial account credentials. Use these tips to avoid being a victim.
- NEVER give out your PIN number!
- No one, including the bank, should ever ask for your PIN number.
- Do not answer suspicious emails.
- Don’t use the links in an email to get to any web page if you suspect the message might not be authentic.
- Avoid filling out forms in email messages that ask for personal financial information.
- Consider installing a web browser tool bar to help protect you from known phishing fraud websites.
- Regularly log into your online accounts.
- Regularly check your bank, credit and debit card statements to ensure that all transactions are legitimate; if anything is suspicious contact your bank and card issuers.
- Ensure that your browser is up to date and security patches applied.
- Protect your personal information.
1st Cameron State Bank • 124 S. Walnut • Cameron, Missouri 64429-2264 • Ph: (816) 632-7272Top